Bitcoin to satoshi conversion
Enter the amount of bitcoin to convert to satoshi:
The amount in satoshi is:
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is the first digital currency. It uses the peer-to-peer protocol to make instant payments.
It was created in 2009 by an anonymous developer (or a group of developers) whose pseudonym is Satoshi Nakamoto. Over the years, it has become more a store of value than a P2P electronic cash system. And some holders now call it the “digital gold.”
- Ticker: BTC
- Symbol: ฿
A bitcoin is divisible to eight decimal places – it represents a value of 10 to the power of 8.
Want to learn more? Read Satoshi Nakamoto’s original Bitcoin white paper.
What is satoshi?
A satoshi (sat), named after Satoshi Nakamoto, its mysterious creator, represents the smallest unit of bitcoin.
How many satoshis are in a bitcoin?
There are – and will always be – 100,000,000 satoshis in 1 bitcoin.
Why are satoshis useful?
They come in handy for the global adoption of the cryptocurrency:
- Bitcoins are expensive today – but most people can afford to buy satoshis on exchange platforms.
- Satoshis are more convenient when dealing with smaller amounts – 1,000 satoshis vs. 0.0000001 Bitcoin.
- Satoshis make owning bitcoin more substantial – 1,000 satoshi is actually something.
What is the sat symbol?
As of today, there is no symbol for the satoshi. Because the community hasn’t reached a consensus yet. But the smallest unit of the bitcoin is becoming increasingly relevant with bitcoin’s price. And a symbol would make it easier to communicate.
There’s an initiative trying to define a universal symbol. Read more about it here.
What are some other units of bitcoin?
Bitcoin mirrors the International System of Units and its prefixes. Here are the most popular subunits of bitcoin:
- 1 dBTC (deci-bitcoin) = 0.1 BTC = 10,000,000 sat
- 1 cBTC (centi-bitcoin) = 0.01 BTC = 1,000,000 sat
- 1 mBTC (milli-bitcoin) = 0.001 BTC = 100,000 sat
- 1 μBTC (micro-bitcoin) = 0.000001 BTC = 100 sat
As a rule, the micro-bitcoin sub-unit is also called a “bit” by users.
What is BitcoinToSatoshi.com?
It is the easiest online bitcoin to satoshi converter! Visit this site to easily convert bitcoin in satoshi.
A question? Get in touch.